Locale aware formatting

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 6 05:54:24 EST 2011

Hi all,

In light of the recent questions regarding Locale aware formatting of date/time/number/currency in LiveCode, I thought it might be interesting to put together a different solution, using Java as a helper process:
<http://quartam.blogspot.com/2011/03/locale-aware-formatting-in-livecode.html>

The most interesting part of this approach is that it also offers support for formatting content in a locale other than the system locale. Applicable if your application is used by a French user to send an invoice to a German-speaking customer, for instance.

HTH,

Jan Schenkel.
=====
Quartam Reports & PDF Library for LiveCode
www.quartam.com

=====