On-Rev antispam (& reCAPTCHA)

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Sat Mar 5 14:56:11 EST 2011

Recently, Jacque Landman Gay wrote:

>> After all, on my modest On-Rev blog, I am beginning to get some spam ;->

> I had the same problem within a few minutes of putting up a contact
> page. I started getting email from bots. My solution is dead simple but
> I haven't received a single spam since I added it.

I recently heard out about this visual captcha service, that requires you to
count objects in an image:
<http://www.securitystronghold.com/products/ironclad-captcha/>

I haven't used it yet myself, but I like the idea of a picture test.
Ideally, the developers should supplement it with audio like reCaptcha, but
still an interesting solution.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director