Backscript behavior

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Mar 5 00:52:02 EST 2011

On 3/4/11 2:18 PM, dunbarx at aol.com wrote:

> If I have this in a button script:
>
> on mouseUp
> checkBack
> end mouseUp
>
> and this in a stack script:
>
> on checkBack
>     put ""
>     wait 20
>     put  random(99)
> end checkBack
>

> and then insert that stack script into back, I still only get
 > one random number. Is that what you meant, that you might get two?

Yes, but only if I'm in the debugger. When I had the handler announce
itself in the message box, I got the right number of iterations too. But
when I stepped through in the debugger, it was like it called itself
twice. The message watcher also said there was only one message sent. It
may be a debugger issue rather than a message-sending problem. The code
acts okay until I step through it.

> And by the way, answers are what we expect from you, not questions.

I wanted to give you something to do. :) I've been trying to track down
a critical bug for four days and I can't find where it's happening. I
thought this backscript thing might have something to do with it, but
I've removed the backscript and it didn't help. So, blind alley.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com