Newbie: how to start with this iOS project

John R. Brauer drjohn at wellminds.org
Fri Mar 4 13:24:34 EST 2011

Hello,

I am relatively new to LiveCode and totally new to iOS. I have a project that I would like to do and need suggestions about how to begin and how to do the data structure for it. The project would be similar to the Audubon Bird program on iOS (although the content is not about birds); I would like the same search capabilities (enter parameters on a variety of fields; color, size, habitat, etc.) and would like suggestions about how to start... would this be a database endeavor, etc. Can databases be used in iOS projects? I would like for the content to be stored in-app; no need for internet connection to use it. The used would not need to be able to enter or alter the data provided by the app, although there is another part of the same app where I would like the user to be able to store their own notes, sort of akin to the Life List aspect of the Audubon app. What would you all suggest, so that I can know where to start reading?

Thanks!!!

Sincerely,

John R. Brauer, Psy.D.
Licensed Clinical Psychologist