How to develop and deploy with ListMagic within the GLX application framework?

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Fri Mar 4 10:25:48 EST 2011

On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 7:07 AM, Keith Clarke <
keith.clarke at clarkeandclarke.co.uk> wrote:

> Is there a trick to have the GLX application framework launcher load
> ListMagic in the background but not open its admin window?
>
> If ListMagic.rev isn't open whilst working on my app in the IDE, debug
> errors are thrown when the mouse enters any ListMagic fields. So, I've added
> ListMagic to the GLX Application configuration as a stack, with 'Required'
> and 'Load at Startup' set to prevent the debug errors. However, as ListMagic
> has substacks, it has to be loaded as a Window, which mean that the
> ListMagic configuration window opens.

Keith,

The framework never tries to visually open (using 'go stack') any stacks
that you add to it. It only loads the stack files into memory by executing
the following code:

if there is a stack PATH_TO_STACK_FILE...

If a stack file is marked as being a library then the framework will also
issue the "start using" command for the stack and substacks in the stack
file.

There must be some code somewhere else that is opening the window (either in
the ListMagic code or your code).

--

Trevor DeVore

Blue Mango Learning Systems