Following up on shell(locale) problem

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 19:04:20 EST 2011

Ok, while this doesn't solve the issue, if you do

shell("LANG=en_US.UTF-8;locale -k LC_NUMERIC")

You get back the correct info yes?

The problem here is that (I think someone said this farther up) the process
shell uses isn't the same as a full blown terminal start. If you have a
.bash_profile file in your user directory, and you do

shell("source ~/.bash_profile ; locale -k LC_MONETARY") does it work?