can't get rid of menu bar in Windows

Slava Paperno slava at lexiconbridge.com
Tue Jun 28 22:40:42 EDT 2011

I used the Tools > Menu Builder to create a menu bar. This automatically
moved all my controls down 22  pixels to make room for the group. But I want
the menu only in Mac OS, so I put this in the openStack handler:

if the platform is "MacOS" then
   set the menubar of this stack to "MainMenu"
else
   set the menubar of this stack to empty
end if

However, when I build the standalone and run it in Windows, the menu bar is
still there. Also, in editing the stack in the IDE (4.6.1) the menu group is
also there, and all my controls remain shifted down 22 pixels.

Does "set the menubar of this stack to empty" do anything? Or do I have to
script hiding the menu group and shifting all controls up "manually" every
time the stack runs?

I read all about menus in the User Guide, and it describes in detail how in
Mac OS the stack window is resized to hide the menu group, but I want it
hidden in Windows.

Thanks,

Slava