LiveCode.tv Event #29 Wrap-Up

Roger Eller roger.e.eller at sealedair.com
Tue Jun 28 21:17:59 EDT 2011

On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 6:06 PM, Mark Schonewille wrote:

> Dear LiveCoders,
>
> Last Saturday, 25 June, we had another nice on-line gathering of LiveCode
> fans. This time we had 2 interesting presentations by Ken Ray.
>
> Ken's first presentation dealt with the new DropTools Palette, how it
> works, what it does, and how you can develop your own DropTool stacks.
>
> The second presentation walked us through setting up and using the MetaCard
> IDE, which is a spartan and less intrusive alternative to the LiveCode IDE.
>
> Due to a technical hiccup, Ken's presentations were cut into pieces. You
> can watch all pieces here http://qery.us/tz . We are looking into the
> possibility of hosting a concatenated version of the presentation elsewhere.
>
> eHUG was allowed to raffle of a license of Disk Drill, courtesy of
> CleverFiles. The Raffle was won by Robert.
>
> For those who did't win, you can still get a 20% discount by using the
> coupon code MUGDXDD-CF on the CleverFiles website
> http://www.cleverfiles.com .
>
> We still need new presenters! If you would like to participate in the
> event, please head over to http://qery.us/u0 for ideas and leave a comment
> and/or contact Mark or Björnke. An easy way to contact us is through this
> web form http://qery.us/du
>
> I hope to see you all at the event next time. We will be making
> announcements on this mailing list and at http://livecode.tv where you can
> also find a copy of this text.
>
> --
> Best regards,
>
> Mark Schonewille

> Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com
> KvK: 50277553
>
> New: Download the Installer Maker Plugin 1.6 for LiveCode here
> http://qery.us/ce

As a big fan of Chatrev and LiveCode.tv, I just wanted to do my (little
part) to help.  So I added a very thin substack to Chatrev that shows only
the most recent chat posting. Presenters can place this window at the bottom
of the 'visible' area of their screen. This allows the audience (especially
those watching the recorded version), to see the questions and comments
without it occupying too much of the recordable area of the screen.  If
someone who is presenting next week, or anytime, would like to give it a
try, just let me know. I don't have a website to host this modded version,
so I'll just have to email it to you off-list.

BvG's Chatrev is awesome, and so is livecode.tv.  These guys do a wonderful
job sharing the knowledge (and fun) of LiveCode, so this is my way of saying
"thank you" to Mark and BvG and all the presenters!

˜Roger