formattedheight and formattedwidth

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Jun 26 18:55:17 EDT 2011

On 6/26/11 2:52 PM, Pete wrote:
> Thanks.  I guess the dictionary is misleading (yet again) when it says:
>
>        If you specify a card or group, the *formattedHeight* reports the
> height of a rectangle that includes all objects in that card or group whose
> visible property is true.

It seems accurate to me. The formatted measurement is the amount of
space occupied by all visible objects on the card. It is calculated from
the smallest rectangle that will enclose all of them. It does not
include any empty borders around that area.

> I tried this:
>

> set the height of this stack to the height of this card
> set the width of this stack to the width of this card
>

> Is  that what you meant? That sometimes works and sometimes isn't close.

Yes, that's what I meant, assuming you want to set the window to same
size as the card. If you are on OS X and you have a menu bar set, the
top of the card will be scrolled out of view, so the height of the card
will actually be taller than what you see before you change the size. If
you are getting extra space at the bottom of the window then that's
probably why. If you are on Windows then the card and window height
should match up without any differences.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com