combination iPad/web app

Chris Sheffield cmsheffield at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 14:08:07 EDT 2011

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone will have an opinion on this.

What would be the feasibility of creating a single stack to run on both iPad and in a browser? Can it work? I understand there would have to be some code branching in order to handle the different environments. Would it be easier to maintain two separate stacks?

Also, I don't know a lot when it comes to server scripting and communicating with a database via server side scripts (most likely MySQL in this case). Could an app like this communicate with the same server side database, whether it's run on the iPad or in the browser, so that all data is "in the cloud" so to speak?

Thanks,
Chris

--
Chris Sheffield