Wondering about LC and HTML5

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Tue Jun 21 13:18:00 EDT 2011

I tried a dBase to LC code converter as my first project. I abandoned it because there were tokens like $ and & that both languages used, but meant totally different things. Also, dBase (or super sets of dBase) use a thing called Macro substitution for which there is no equivalent in LC. Finally, some tokens in dBase mean different things depending on where they are used, and in what context.

All of this made a language tree parser seem almost insurmountable, and as I am really just a hobbyist developer, I could see that it was a whole lot of work for very little benefit.

Bob