Distinguishing CLI from GUI

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Thu Jun 16 12:07:52 EDT 2011

On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 9:51 AM, Richard Gaskin
<ambassador at fourthworld.com>wrote:

> Thanks for that - I'll give it a try.
>
> But I'll admit that I'm now more mystified than before:  How did you
> discover that you can pass arguments to the quit command?  I don't believe
> that's documented.

Someone from RunRev mentioned it on the developer list recently. IIRC it was
during a discussion about how you can send the proper exit code on OS X when
a certificate validation fails. This relates to apps being sold through the
app store.

> I'm assuming the integer argument is the signal value for the OS, yes?

Correct.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems