Fields in datagrid columns

Pete pete at mollysrevenge.com
Wed Jun 15 13:51:03 EDT 2011

I have a need to define custom properties for fields in a datagrid column.
 Defining custom properties for columns that have been customised with
buttons, menus, checkboxes, etc is easy since they are actual LC controls
within the datagrid, but unless I'm misunderstanding something, it seems
like fields are created on the fly so can't get an inspector window to
define custom properties for them.

My best effort at a workaround for this is to define a custom property for
the datagrid itself which will contain a line starting with the name of the
column containing a field followed by some sort of separator and then the
value that would normally have been in the custom property of the field.

Any other ideas?

Pete