Exporting previously imported audioclips

stephen barncard stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com
Mon Jun 13 15:31:52 EDT 2011

No, I don't want my currently crappy-looking code to be seen by anybody
right now, but if you have a pressing need to export audio from a stack
right now, I can provide a protected stack at some point in the next week or
so .

I've made export of most sounds to AIFF work, but I used some odd handmade
conversion routines when I should have been using binary encode and decode.
(Thanks to Mark Smith and his amazing AudioWaveform Stack) - he had been
along the same path of trying to figure out how to decode the headers for
aif and wave files, my situation was encoding those headers. After I saw
Mark's code I decided to rewrite my whole library using Binary
encode/decode.

I plan to tell everyone about how I did it, make a demo and provide a
download but that takes time that I don't have now.
So I'm not ready to make a presentation. I'm doing a lot more right now than
Livecode.

THere's a lot I don't understand and parts are a hack but they seem to work
except from some very old 8 bit 8k au sounds. But 99% of my test sounds
exported correctly. And it's 100% Livecode.

Basically you can put the raw binary for any Livecode object into the
clipboard, put it into a variable, and parse out the parameters and audio.
Then it's 'just a matter of'  determining the headers and placing the blocks
in the right place in the binary. Livecode is very fast at this, at least
with the usual short audio bursts we use in stacks.

I plan to make a library and a demo stack -  but I've got to rename
variables, etc to make it all useable by others. And docs  take a while too.
There's also a hexdump stack that I used for the project that I will make
available.

Patience, grasshopper.

sqb

On 13 June 2011 11:23, Phil Davis <revdev at pdslabs.net> wrote:

> On 6/13/11 10:39 AM, Richmond Mathewson wrote:
>
>> On 06/13/2011 08:23 PM, stephen barncard wrote:
>>
>>> Contact me off list. It can be done.
>>>

>> Why, pray, off-list? Is this some sort of private knowledge that cannot be
>> shared?
>>

> And if it can be explained, can it not be programmed?
> Phil

>> Stephen Barncard
San Francisco Ca. USA