How to structure HTML text (tags and attributes) for processing in LiveCode?

Jim Ault jimaultwins at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 12 09:58:54 EDT 2011

On Jun 12, 2011, at 6:42 AM, Keith Clarke wrote:

> Thanks for the insights Jim (and Stephen) - all very useful.
> A list of stuff is now emerging from the depths of the page. The
> only problem I have now is some stubborn ' ' characters that
> don't respond to filtering without " " or numToChar(160).
> Any ideas?

--------------------
The next consideration is html entities, such as &  <  >
and various vowels, etc.  Do a Google for 'html entities' and you
should be able to find convenient tables to copy-paste the ones you
care about.

put "& &, < <, > >" into searchStrings
repeat for each item STRR in searchStrings
    replace (word 1 of STRR) with (word 2 of STRR) in htmlBlock
end repeat

Jim Ault
Las Vegas