How to structure HTML text (tags and attributes) for processing in LiveCode?

Keith Clarke keith.clarke at clarkeandclarke.co.uk
Sun Jun 12 07:14:07 EDT 2011

I've got the HTML source into a reasonable shape for processing with line and item chunk expressions by using:

put field "fld Page Source Code" into tHTML
replace "/div>" with "/div>" & return in tHTML
replace "/tr>" with "/tr>" & return in tHTML
replace "/td>" with "/td>" & tab in tHTML
filter tHTML with <strings that isolate only the interesting, data-laden table rows>

So, I can now have line-level chunk expressions mapped to divs and table row tags, together with item-level expressions for iterating through the tags and their attributes within table rows. Nice!

Now the rich seams have been revealed, it's time to start digging out them there nuggets! :-)
Best,
Keith..