R: using animated gif for a cursor on Windows

Mark Stuart mstuart at adaptcrm.com
Fri Jun 10 15:29:28 EDT 2011

on Fri Jun 10 08:24:20 CDT 2011, baccheschi at tin.it wrote:

perhapse  may help you.. putting it on a .gif script

on mouseUp
   set the repeatcount of img ID its_ID to -1
   set cursor to 0
   repeat until the mouseclick
      set the loc of img ID its_ID to the mouseloc
   end repeat
   set the repeatcount of img  ID its_ID to 0
   set the currentframe of img  ID its_ID to 1
   set cursor to arrow
end mouseUp
<<

Hi Mario,
Thanx for your reply. I used your script and it didn't quite do what I
was looking for, but I will try and make it work.
Running your script, I notice my animated gif still does not "animate".
I did submit a Tech Support request to RunRev, and Heather replied with
"...I guess we don't support it."

Unless someone knows how to make animated gifs "animate" on Windows OS
as a cursor, I guess I'm out of luck for now.

Regards,
Mark Stuart