Why No Built in GetMyIP call in LiveCode?

Jim Ault jimaultwins at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 10 14:36:18 EDT 2011

On Jun 10, 2011, at 11:20 AM, John Patten wrote:

> Actually Chris I wanted the local network, behind the firewall IP
> address. The project I have in mind is just using sockets in a
> single classroom. All computers have 10.x.x.x. addresses.
>
> Thanks!

You could try this.

When you send a packet to another machine in the LAN, the 10.x
address is one of the params, so you could do a 'who am I' to any of
the other computers.  Just give every computer on the network the
ability to respond with that info.

One machine could be set with a manual IP and the others dynamic.

Jim Ault
Las Vegas