find by content with Mac OS

Timothy Miller gandalf at doctorTimothyMiller.com
Thu Jun 9 16:47:40 EDT 2011

My feeble brain seems to suggest that Mac OS find-by-content will not find text in an ordinary field in a LiveCode stack (not to mention a button or script). I just tried it. OTOH, I don't have much confidence in my feeble brain.

Am I right?

If so, is there any way to enable such a feature?

Off-topic, it also appears that find-by-content doesn't find text in Stickies, either. I always assumed it would, but never bothered to check, until today.

Both items are inconvenient. Normally, I expect more of Apple, and Apple usually delivers.

Cheers,

Tim