[OT] Apple at it again

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Jun 9 13:36:09 EDT 2011

On 6/9/11 8:02 AM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> Content providers may offer In-App subscriptions at whatever
> price they wish and they are not required to offer an in-app
> subscription simply because they sell a subscription outside
> the App Store as well

Sounds to me like a protective action in response to Lodsys and their
patent litigation against developers. I've been following that and it's
ugly. Apple needs its developers, and they were in a bind with the
original requirements: developers had to use Apple's purchasing system,
but Lodsys was suing developers for using it. The solution was to remove
the requirement.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com