Using Datagrids with 'stackrunner' like launcher.

stephen barncard stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com
Tue Jun 7 18:07:51 EDT 2011

I have a lot of 'quick' stacks around that are too specific and tiny for
each to have its own engine - what I've been doing is compiling a standalone
'Launcher' that looks at a web folder and lists the available stacks.

i then select one and launch it via the 'go URL' command. Slick. Inspired by
Ken Ray's invention. It can also upload stacks.

I can then use any of these stacks anywhere with no IDE.  Very nice except I
can't seem to make datagrids work on stacks that are used this way.  I was
able to ascertain that indeed the substack with the datagrid template was
there. But the datagrid just won't respond.

I've tried start-using but it seems to have no effect.

I've read the piece on how to add the datagrid to stacks assembled in the
standalone creator,  however this is different.
I don't change the splash stack - everything other than the engine and
libraries live in the current stack.

How do I connect the datagrid to the substack in this situation?  It's a
drag to have two pieces , but since this is on the same stack file,
shouldn't this just work?

thanks for any help

sqb

--