How do you build the tabs like in the script editor

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Jun 7 00:31:53 EDT 2011

On 6/6/11 3:00 PM, Mark Stuart wrote:
> on Mon Jun 6 10:59:46 CDT 2011, J. Landman Gay wrote:
>>> I think the OP means horizontal tabs, since that's what the LiveCode
> editor uses.
>
> That's as simple as setting up a tab button where each tab opens either
> the correct card, or shows the correct group.<<
>
> Hi Jaqueline and Richard,
> Thanx for the replies.
> The tabs will be dynamically added and removed with a close button on
> each tab. The document content on each tab is not editable, viewable
> only.
> So it seems like the tab object is not really a tab object in LC, but
> rather a grouped object of buttons: one for the tab and one for the
> Close image button.
>
> I think I'll have to have a go at building this.
> Does anyone have any more ideas on this?

Looking at the script editor stack, it is in fact a group of objects.
You might be able to copy that group and use it in your stack as a
starter. You'd need to change the scripts and probably the close image
icon, but the objects are already there.

If you view UI elements in lists, the group "Script Tabs" is in
revSETemplate on card Main.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com