5000 lines of code

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Sun Jun 5 15:03:40 EDT 2011

Richmond-

Sunday, June 5, 2011, 8:13:27 AM, you wrote:

> If anybody really cares here is a PDF of the code in
> ONE object in my Devawriter Pro: read it and weep . . .  :)

That may be the longest mouseUp handler / switch statement I've ever
seen <g>

A few suggestions:

I'm not sure if it will make a difference in a mouseUp handler since
you're limited by mouse movements, but you might want to lock the
screen before and unlock it at the end since you're dealing with field
contents directly. This will especially speed up your "do" command and
updating field "fRESULT".

Also, you spend a lot of effort making sure that DDROP has the correct
value, but then you never use it.

I'm sure there's some way to collapse this using a lookup table, but I
can't imagine what it would be. That's quite a handler.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net