Why I love Appleworks

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 06:00:26 EDT 2011

Ever since I bought my first Mac I have used Clarisworks / Appleworks as
my primary word-processor
( I even use the Windows version along with WINE on my Linux rig).

I use it for writing long stretches of code . . .

The NICEST thing about it is that I can use the 4 key that have funny
arrows on them on a Mac keyboard
and HOME, END, PAGE UP and PAGE DOWN on a PC keyboard.

Just at present I am recoding my Devawriter Pro [ Yes, I am STILL
working on it ] and replacing 5000
line code sections with other 5000 line code sections that differ only
at their ends and their beginnings.

This means that with the HOME and END keys I can do things fairly fast
in Appleworks, but then seem
to spend an inordinate amount of time scrolling up and down the
script-editor in LC.

WOULDN'T IT BE LOVELY if there were a way to implement those 4 keys so
that they worked for the
script-editor!

Richmond.