Naive question 666

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Jun 5 00:53:19 EDT 2011

On 6/4/11 10:27 PM, Mark Wieder wrote:
> Jacque-
>
> Saturday, June 4, 2011, 10:45:39 AM, you wrote:
>
>> Work?! I will keep it in mind during one of my periods of copious free
>> time. Or you could do it... in fact, what a good idea. :)
>
> Hey! You're the one who said "It isn't difficult to write a quick
> script..." I'm not sure that's true, given the task of identifying
> images to import vs other file types, the fact that imported images
> all end up in the same location on a card, etc.

Yeah. As it turns out, the IDE has done it for us, which I forgot about
when I wrote that. But, also as it turns out, I had to write a similar
script yesterday to select video files and I had the same problem -- how
to tell if a file was a movie. You can't rely on the player giving you
an error because QT will accept almost any kind of file without
complaint. What I ended up doing was checking to see if the duration was
greater than zero. For images though, you can rely on an error after
trying to import.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com