Naive question 666

Jim Ault jimaultwins at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 4 09:56:18 EDT 2011

On Jun 4, 2011, at 6:01 AM, Keith Clarke wrote:

> Thanks Richmond, but I'm not looking for an example of this working
> successfully! ;-)
>
> Rather, I want to understand why the images I import into an
> 'images' card in a 'resources' substack in my app's MainStack don't
> appear in the Image Library automagically - and what I can do to
> rectify this.

Any main stack that starts with 'rev' is considered part of the IDE
environ, thus Livecode will invisibly add it to the stacksInUse.  Your
substack is not part of a such a stack, so is not considered a library
resource.

Your stack named 'revKeithImgLib' will appear in the drop down menu,
but the import to another stack won't be done unless you write a
script to do so.  Try using "New Library..." btn and see how the
result becomes an IDE resource.

Also, if you look at the script of the revImageLibrary stack, you will
probably find the answer to your single question and many more (such
as how you could automate import from a folder, for example)

Hope this helps

Jim Ault
Las Vegas