My first Livecode iOS App with Externals (SQLite) approved!

Nonsanity form at nonsanity.com
Fri Jun 3 14:50:41 EDT 2011

If I recall correctly, Apple doesn't allow time-to-disable app limitations
like so much shareware uses. If someone pays nothing for an app, they never
will pay for it. You can make a new one with more features and a price - a
"pro" version - but then you have to get users to switch to it.

I'm probably going to go the free-for-a-limited-time route to get people
using and recommending the app to others for free at first, then when usage
goes up, turn on the price - which will have been mentioned in the
description since day one.

But I guess it really depends on whether "lite" and "pro" are possible, or
if some other sort of in-app purchases can be used to finance the app...

As I'll (hopefully) soon be putting my first app in the store, I'm all ears
on other people's opinions. :)

 ~ Chris Innanen
 ~ Nonsanity

P.s. My first-gen iPhone's inability to run iOS 4 isn't market
fragmentation... It's obsolescence.

*pats my new iPhone 4*