revBrowser's htmltext property for Unicode text

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Fri Jun 3 03:45:30 EDT 2011

Hi Slava,

This can happen when a website uses (binary) unicode text instead of html encoded text. Externals can't pass binary data to the LiveCode engine. As a result, LC gets incorrectly encoded text and text that cannot be decoded is replaced with question marks.

Sockets, however, can pass binary data. You could retrieve the data directly using the put URL command.

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com