Running standalone on 64 bit Linux

David Beck david_beck at rotundasoftware.com
Thu Jun 2 02:48:53 EDT 2011

Hello everyone,

I am having some very weird, inconsistent and difficult to track
problems running a LiveCode standalone on a 64 bit Linux machine with a
32 bit compatibility layer. As far a I can tell, the wierdness is
associated with tricky things like regular expressions and getting "the
value of" expressions. These problems do not occur on a 32 bit box, and
then I run the same standalone on a 64 bit box and there are these weird
problems that I can't reproduce. Two questions:

1. Since what version of LiveCode is running a standalone on a 64 bit
Linux box (w/ 32 bit compatibility layer) officially supported?
2. How likely do you think it is that these problems are associated with
the 64 bit environment? How "solid" are compatibility layers ?

Thanks very much for any help!

David Beck