Immediate sound feedback on Android

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Jun 1 15:23:23 EDT 2011

On 6/1/11 1:13 PM, Roger Eller wrote:

> When I check the playLoudness, it is 100.  It doesn't matter if I have
> the volume turned all the way down, it still returns 100.  So, I set
> the playLoudness to 0, play my sound, then set the playLoudness to 100
> again in openStack.
>
> On my device, I can still hear the sound play on openStack, but is is
> at least cached, so further use of the sound is immediate.  I think
> the playLoudness always at 100 is a bug.  I believe your approach
> should have worked otherwise.

Thanks for checking. I think the first part is correct -- the
playLoudness is relative to the hardware setting. If your volume is set
to 50% on the hardware, then a playLoudness of 100 will equal 50%
volume. The docs sort of refer to that.

The second part sounds like a bug though. Setting playLoudness to 0
should turn off sound, even if it's a relative setting. Zero relative to
50% is still zero.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com