carrying a global variable from stack to sub stack

Slava Paperno slava at lexiconbridge.com
Sat Jul 30 17:34:58 EDT 2011

> How do you carry a global variable from one stack to a substack?

If you set a global variable in the main stack:

on preOpenStack
  global gMyName

  put "Mike" into gMyName
end preOpenStack

then in any card in any substack you can retrieve the value like so:

on openCard
   global gMyName
   answer gMyName --you will see "Mike"
end open Card

In other words, nothing needs to be done to "carry" a global variable from
one stack to another. All you have to do is declare it with the word
"global" in front.

S.