Where does survive the inventive user ?

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 22:51:24 EDT 2011

On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 6:40 PM, Francis Nugent Dixon <effendi at wanadoo.fr>wrote:

> Renting application use out of a
> cloud would be the same has handing over your wallet to a stranger.

Which you already happily do right.

I look in my wallet an there are a couple of notes and a couple of plastic
cards. The notes represent about 0.01% of iMoney I have in my account. I can
use those plastic cards to access the BankCloud and if the strangers at the
Bank are willing, the machine will give me more real money on a 1 to 1
reduction of my iMoney. Sometimes I don't even have to change iMoney into
real money, I just go to the shop and transfer iMoney from my account to
their iMoney account which all resides in the same BankCloud. Of course I
have to pay a 'rental' fee for the privilege of being able to access my
iMoney at virtually any time or shop. But then again, if a stranger at the
bank goes all Nick Leeson on me, the bank will collapse and my iMoney in the
BankCloud will disappear like the early morning stratocumulus, leaving me
without any real money.

Strange what we think we'd never do.

Oh, and Tim Miller, I'm just another 'no professional' still with LC, I just
don't visit the LC List as often as I'd like because Life is getting more
and more complicated, Time is getting shorter and shorter, and between Life,
LiveCoding and reading the LiveCode Use List, reading the List is the one
I've had to sacrifice.

Actually two brand new brainwaves with associated stacks built in the last
two weeks and I've got another problem to solve today which undoubtedly will
involve a brand new stack.

Love LC :-)