[OT] More Apple Foolishness

Geoff Canyon Rev gcanyon+rev at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 02:51:09 EDT 2011

I used to do this. Then I realized that it was quicker (if more complex and
less intuitive) to:

1. Drag something off the shelf at the bottom of the screen if necessary to
make room
2. Drag the item I want to move onto the shelf
3. Go to the home screen, either by swiping (easier than dragging) or by
dropping out of rearrange mode, clicking the home button, and going back
into rearrange mode
4. Drag the item I want to move onto screen 1
5. If step 1 was necessary, go back to the original screen and put the item
I dragged off the shelf back onto the shelf.

I agree, this aspect of the UI is not optimal.