Livecode Server 4.6.3 - First impressions pt2 - using the new version at Dreamhost

stephen barncard stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com
Thu Jul 28 00:49:32 EDT 2011

I had no intention of using CPs in stacks that way as a large db -I  really
thinking about snippets - boilerplate text, etc. and using the CP hierarchy
to accomplish that. Databases are still king when it comes to large amounts
of data, but I was thinking more in terms of 'business logic' and keeping
configuration data from prying eyes.

But the thought  of going from a CP to an array - or vice versa - easily and
quickly appeals to me.

What size, Andre, would constitute a 'large stack' that would cause a
problem?

On 27 July 2011 17:03, Andre Garzia <andre at andregarzia.com> wrote:

> Stephen,
>
> be aware that loading large stacks into memory will get you to the memory
> protection police! If your database stack is too big, and lots of copies
> are
> loaded for all the requests, Apache or whoever does the purging might kill
> your engine to save resources. This is hardcoded into On-Rev accounts. The
> engine on dreamhost should not have these limits but still, dreamhost is a
> shared server and they will probably kill processess that starte the server
> of its resources.
>
> Cheers
> andre
>
> On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 7:38 PM, stephen barncard <
> stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com> wrote:
>
> > *LIVECODE SERVER 4.6.3*
> >
> > Wow. Haven't done any speed benchmarks, and I've just started using this
> > version of LCS, but it offers what was missing before, and a lot more.

Stephen Barncard
San Francisco Ca. USA