Where does survive the inventive user?

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 09:45:45 EDT 2011

Hi Andre,

Andre Garzia-3 wrote:

> mobile computing is consumer computing. Developers and inventive users
> will
> keep on platforms that allow them to develop stuff. It means that slowly,
> those users will move towards freedom so even though mobile computing will
> be ubiquitous, you will find the developers and inventive users using
> something else where they can actually develop stuff unrestricted. They
> will
> probably be on linux...

I agree that mobile computing is consumer computing.

Now I am scared... Just imagine the kind of malware
that will expand like fire, shutting down large parts
of the network. By definition, consumers are NOT
the most careful users.

In fact, I foresee a future where a cellphone starts
malfunctioning and the consumer extract the chip and
without thinking about repair it, inmediatly trash the
cellphone (with the battery still working)

I understand that many of you already know some
people who acts like these consumers, but It's not
the standard behavior, at least where I live.

Andre, from my limited contact with Linux communities,
I have collected the impression that they would send
you to "READ THE --- MANUAL" with more frequency
than Mac or Windows communities. From my personal
experience, that do not reflect, in any way, others
people experience... :-)

Have a nice day!

Al