What is the fastest database?

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 20:12:32 EDT 2011

Hi Keith,

Keith (Gulf Breeze Ortho Lab) wrote:

> I have approximately 25 MB of data (plain text) that consists of
> approximately 140,000 different entries (one per line--pipe delimited). I
> am working on an application to quickly search through the data not unlike
> the LiveCode Dictionary application. However, it will be necessary for my
> users to be able to edit any entry at will.

I understand you perfectly, when you say that you do not want to
load the complete database in memory.

Could you compress the data??? This could reduce significantly
it's memory footprint.

Are you going to port this application to mobile devices
like Android and iPad???? This is vital to know beforehand.

Have a nice day!

Al