are all controls loaded?

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Sun Jul 24 18:44:22 EDT 2011

Hi Slava,

I have similar problems once in a while. Often, I do this:

on preOpenStack
  hide this stack
  // do some very important stuff here
  readPrefs -- (e.g. read registration data)
  // and send a command in x millisecs
  send "initialise" to me in 0 millisecs
end preOpenStack

on initialise
  put the seconds into mySecs
  go stack "Splash" in new window
  // the splash stack contains everything
  // to set itself up
  // now we can set up our controls
  send "foo" to btn 2
  put url "http://bla.com" into fld 5
  // has the user clicked Splash away?
  if "Splash" is among the lines of the openStacks then
    wait until (the seconds - theSecs > 5) or not \
     ("Splash" is among the lines of the openStacks) with messages
    close stack "Splash"
  end if
end initalise

Of course, many variations are possible.

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com