[ANN] New plugin AAG|LayerComps

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat Jul 23 20:59:03 EDT 2011

Mark Wieder wrote:
> You can also set the destroyStack of the templateStack before creating
> a script and get the same result. Still, I do wish stack creation
> would respect the IDE preferences setting so that we wouldn't end up
> with little surprises like this.

If your own scripts contain stacks that create other stacks, where would
it find your LiveCode prefs when they become a standalone?

If the IDE set the template objects rather than setting properties on
the created stack, it would be way too easy for your own scripts to have
different behaviors between development and runtime, opening up the
possibility of confusion and error.

As it is, if I understand this correctly the IDE leaves the engine
defaults alone, which is what your script will be working with in a
standalone.

Like my t-shirt sez:

Know the engine.
Trust the engine.