on-Rev client software

Martin Koob mkoob at rogers.com
Sat Jul 23 09:15:13 EDT 2011

Hi Len

I started with on-rev a while ago,   I had no background in web development
other than some basic HTML.  The way I figured it out was I downloaded John
Craig's .irev scripts and MySQL files from his Splash21 on-rev site that he
developed and uploaded them to my own on-rev site as a starting point.  You
can find these at
http://splash21.on-rev.com
You have to login to see the downloads link.

Then I started poking around the scripts learning how they worked and
started modifying them to create my own site.  John's scripts and handlers
made it quite easy to create new pages and manage users and access to pages
and interact with the mySQL database.

Along the way I found other resources such as Sarah Reichelt's webpage
http://www.troz.net/rev
This has examples as well as links to other sites with on-rev info

The other thing I used was the irev-engine-notes.txt file, which was dated
2009-06-02  I can't remember where I got that.  That gives some basic
explanations and documents some of the commands that were not in the
dictionary.

I set up my site before revigniter framework was developed
http://revigniter.com/
I haven't yet tried revigniter yet but I want to but since the Splash21
based site is serving my needs right now It hasn't been a priority.

Martin Koob