OT: It's Android Jim, but not as we know it (what CPUs does Livecode compile to?)

Roger Eller roger.e.eller at sealedair.com
Fri Jul 22 07:58:10 EDT 2011

On Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 1:43 AM, Bernard Devlin wrote:

> Thanks Roger, that sounds like the first hurdle will be overcome.  As
> a machine that I might carry with me to run admin/monitoring apps
> written in Livecode, the Transformer is looking better.  I've never
> tried to see how much could be done within the scriptLimits but
> provided I don't look on it as being a main development machine, then
> it may be workable ( I have no need to create standalones on it).  I
> too have no real expectation that Runrev would provide an IDE that
> runs on Android/ARM - not unless such Android tablets/netbooks sweep
> the world :)  Until this week I had pretty much no interest in
> developing for iOS/Android.
>
> Do you have a Livecode app in the Android Marketplace I could use to
> test on it? If not, I'll take Jacques up on her kind offer offlist.
>
> Also, can one install a Livecode app on a machine without going
> through the hassle of listing it in the Marketplace?  Can they be
> installed e.g. by downloading them from a URL?
>
> Looks like Runrev are going to be getting me to upgrade my license once
> again.
>
> Bernard

I don't have anything on the Android Market.  Unlike iOS, you can easily
install an APK that LiveCode has built, so I could email you a test app.
 You simply check the box in your security settings to allow an install from
unknown sources, then go to the attachment in your email to install it, and
afterwards uncheck allow unknown sources.

˜Roger