Lion problem report and fix

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Thu Jul 21 20:57:02 EDT 2011

Just to weigh in here, anytime an application is installed, the OS asks for credentials. I assume this runs the installer with those admin credentials? If that is the case, then I think that anytime you want to put something in a System folder like Library and such, it would be a good idea to shell it using sudo. This assures you will always succeed.

I have long thought it a bit irritating when software installs in the current user's profile without even asking, and then cannot be used in other profiles.

Bob