Lion problem report and fix

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Thu Jul 21 20:05:36 EDT 2011

On Jul 21, 2011, at 5:05 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> Josh Mellicker wrote:
>
>> Just wanted to let everyone know, Lion permissions default to not allowing Livecode to create folders in "/Library/Application Support/" with the "create folder" command.
>
> I believe that's true with earlier versions as well if the current user is not admin.

I tried doing the same thing as Josh as an admin user and got the same result (see my errant "Lion 'Gotcha' #1" post). It's definitely a Lion thing, although why /Application Support is more secured under Lion than under Snow Leopard is beyond me...

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com
Web Site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/