The Multitude of LC web dev tools

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Jul 21 20:05:01 EDT 2011

Pete Haworth wrote:

> So, let's say I have an application in mind that a user will access from
> his/her favorite web browser either on a desktop or perhaps an Android
> device.  On the server, I need to format pages of html to send to the user.
>  and access data in an SQL database.  Some of the pages will be static and
> others will change depending on database content.  What are the recommended
> tools to achieve this?

PHP.

:)

But seriously, revBrowser is for client-side desktop apps, so that won't
affect what you want to build for use in any browser.

revServer is the core LiveCode engine.

On-Rev is a hosting option which comes bundled with revServer (though
you can run revServer on nearly any Linux host).

revIgniter is a framework that uses revServer.

So to build what you need with LiveCode you'd use revServer, and
optionally revIgniter (a good choice for making short work of complex apps).

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World