OT: It's Android Jim, but not as we know it (what CPUs does Livecode compile to?)

Bernard Devlin bdrunrev at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 19:02:41 EDT 2011

Since the Tegra has an ARM processor on the system chip, then it would
seem to fundamentally be an ARM processor.  It is a rather amazing
ecosystem where linux/google/ARM/nvidia/asus combine to produce
something like that, which was probably never envisaged by any of them
10 years ago.

It does run things from the (or at least "an") Android marketplace (I
guess it might be configured to go to a processor-specific
marketplace).  Since I'm such a total noob in this particular area, I
don't know the ins and outs.  But certainly it lists "top free apps"
and "top paid apps" that can be installed.

If someone provides me with an identifiable free app from the Android
Marketplace which was coded in Livecode, then I can go back to the
store and see if I can find, install and run it.

Bernard