Mac OS X Lion

Jerry J jhj at jhj.com
Wed Jul 20 18:37:55 EDT 2011

I just checked the Apple Store (online) and Snow Leopard is still for sale there. I think they mean that new computers will not ship with Snow Leopard any longer. The Snow Leopard in the store is an upgrade from Leopard, which is the way it has always been unless you bought the more expensive Box Set that would install SL from scratch. A point of interest is that the Box Set version will NOT install on my recent MBP - must use the DVD that came with it (which will not install on older MBPs). I also saw that soon, next month I think, Apple will offer Lion on a USB flash stick.

--Jerry Jensen