Countdown HH:MM:SS

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Wed Jul 20 12:32:00 EDT 2011

Hey as long as we are talking about dates and times, I am going to need soon a method to determine if a block of time intersects with another. Specifically I will need to do this in an SQL query. I suppose the best way would be to store all dates in julian format, then have a query that, given savedStartDate and savedEndDate are columns in a table, goes something like :

select * where (startDate > savedStartDate and startDate < savedEndDate) or (endDate > savedStartDate and endDate < savedEndDate)

Is that about right? Any other ideas?

Bob