[ANN] alien camel in your LiveCode

Thierry Douez th.douez at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 13:43:57 EDT 2011

2011/7/18 Alejandro Tejada <capellan2000 at gmail.com>

> > Thierry Douez wrote:
>
> > I'm pleased to announce SunnYperl.
> > Download today a trial version from http://sunny-tdz.com
> > Formerly called rev2perl, SunnYperl is an external
> > which embeds Perl inside your LiveCode engine.
> > Or in other words, you can write externals in Perl.
>
> This is the more recent landmarking announcement in
> this platform.
>
> You have put in our developers hands all the Perl wisdom
> available to each stack! :-D

:)

> My warmest Congratulations! and Thanks for publishing
> your landmarking work with Perl.
>
> As everybody notices, most developers are really busy
> with the iOS and Android platforms, so do not worry
> if your announcement does not generate one thousands
> answers.

Actually, I don't expect that much of answers :)

> My platform is Windows, so I want to see more working
> examples for this platform, in the next weeks.
>
> Thanks again for sharing your work with
> your fellow LiveCode developers!

Thanks for your words.

Let me know off-list your Perl configuration ( distribution and version)
and I'll make the first one on Windows works for you.
Actually, I've started to build the external for windows with
ActivePerl 5.12.4  ( free pre-build perl and easy installation from
ActiveState )

For the records, in the first days ( 2003 ),
SunnYperl has been coded first for Linux, then for Windows.
That said, as soon as I have some times for that, it should come fast.

Regards,

Thierry
http://sunny-tdz.com - freelance developer