Floating City and K12 Game Theory Model...

John Patten johnpatten at mac.com
Fri Jul 15 20:09:08 EDT 2011

Thanks Scott and Brent...I'll look at both of your solutions regarding
large images and groups...

FWIW, I've been looking at how an online game called The Floating City
(http://www.floatingcity.com was put together...and how some of the
principle game activities could be incorporated into an instructional
model in the K12 education environment. Naturally, the easiest way to
duplicate their model is doing it in LiveCode ;-)

I put together the following example in a very short amount of time.
Obviously, if I actually create something I'll use it will take much
longer, designing the narrative, graphics, securing the code, etc.
etc. But I was pretty much floored how quickly and how easy it was to
create with LiveCode. I think I only posted questions to the list a
couple of times! :-)

I've put down more of a description of what I'm attempting to do here
if interested:  http://edutonica.blogspot.com/

Thanks everyone!

John Patten
SUSD