Viewing Large Images Using Groups and Adding Buttons to the Map Group?

John Patten johnpatten at mac.com
Fri Jul 15 17:52:37 EDT 2011

Hi All!

I have a few questions about large images, buttons and groups....

I have a card that I want to place a large map image on. I know I can
put it into a group, size the group,  and turn the scroll bars on to
navigate the large image.

Is it possible to navigate map in a group with just by dragging/Grab
me? Similar to what you might due on a tablet and iOS/Android? I need
to be able to navigate the image and have my button markers stick to
the image not float on top.

Now, if I attach a "grab me" to the image, the image moves but the
button marker float above. If i attach a grab me to the group, the
whole group moves but not the map. Ideas?

Also, if i want to add cd buttons to the map group one at a time, how
would I go about doing that?

Lock screen
set the rect of group "map" to the rect of image "largeMapImage"
put 1 into x
repeat 5

add cd button x to group "map" of cd 1 -- this does not seem to work
for me???

set the loc of cd button x to line x of tListofLocations -- retrieving
the loc coordinations from a database and storing them in tListLocations
add 1 to x
end repeat

(Most importantly, how do I add buttons to a the map group, with out
throwing off the locs of the  current button markers in the group.)

The buttons need to be buttons  because they are used to navigate to
information regarding that specific location on the map and some can
change their loc via user placement (grab me).

In order to do what I want to do, is it only possible by assigning the
buttons to the map group (?) and then using the scroll bars of the
group to navigate the map? Would that work inside iOS and Android
(that = group scroll bars) too?

Thank you!

John Patten
SUSD