how to make answer and ask work in revweb?

Kee Nethery kee at kagi.com
Mon Jul 11 15:18:02 EDT 2011

When I create a revlet using revweb, and access it via a browser, it appears that answer and ask don't work 100%.

In "ask", I can type in the field presented and completely replace what is in the field but I cannot edit what is in the dialog field. It also appears that I cannot click on the buttons, I have to hit the enter key to "press" the default button. The "Cancel" button is not clickable (far as I can tell).

for example:
ask "Your name is:" with "John Dough"
will display "John Dough" but if you try to edit "Dough" to "Doe" all you can do is retype the entire string to fix it "John Doe".

I find that if I move the dialog around on the screen, sometimes that lets me select a button on it, but not always.

In the answer dialog, I can select the default but selecting any other button seems problematic. Again, it seems that if I move the dialog around on the screen, sometimes that will let me select a button with the mouse.

Is there a way to make these work or am I out of luck when trying to use ask and answer within a revlet?

Thanks,
Kee